PS 203Q School Vision
The vision of the Oakland Gardens School is to ensure that its students will achieve the highest academic standards by:
- Supplying an environment conducive to hands-on learning in which students are encouraged to inquire, apply, and extend their understanding of the world through problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Providing an education for all students with equity and access, including those with disabilities, limited English proficiency, advanced independent learning skills and educational challenges.
- Differentiating curriculum and instructional strategies to maximize success for all students.
- Educating the whole child in a developmental context incorporating diverse needs both sequentially and circumstantially, within a caring community.
- Offering professional development for staff to facilitate the integration of change at all levels of the learning process, set within a framework of high expectations.