Registration for new incoming students in Grades PK thru 5 will be conducted online and will begin on Monday, August 31, 2020.Beginning August 31, contact:Dina RathPupil Accounting Secretary
You will need the following documents to register at PS 203:
2) Proof of Residence -
- - A residential utility bill in your name;
- - A letter from housing management on their letterhead stating your address and how long you’ve lived there;
- - Documentation or letter from a federal, state or local governmental agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration, ACS, or an ACS subcontractor indicating the residents name and address;
- - An original lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence;
- - A current property tax bill;
- - A water bill
- - Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the last 60 days such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or a payroll receipt. A letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate;
3) Your child’s birth certificate, passport, or baptismal certificate4) Name, date and OSIS number of any siblings, if applicable
Kindergarten Application Period Open
Application Period opens December 10, 2020. Closes January 19, 2021
Beginning Thursday, December 10th, children born in 2016 can apply to kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year.
The application deadline is Tuesday, January 19, 2021. All families who apply by the deadline will receive a kindergarten offer in April.
All families should participate in kindergarten admissions, including children currently attending pre-K, students with disabilities, English Language Learners, and students with accessibility needs.
MySchools.nyc includes an online directory tool that allows families to explore program choices, save programs of interest and submit their application, all on the same site.
Families can apply to Kindergarten in two ways, online at MySchools and over the phone by calling 718-935-2009. Additionally, you can share the attached flyer with your families about the Kindergarten application.
Join the DOE for a virtual Elementary Admissions Event to learn about 3-K, pre-K, and kindergarten admissions. Find out what to expect and how to apply. All New York City families are welcome to attend.
Sessions will be held on:
- Tuesday, December 15 at 2pm
- Thursday, December 17 at 6pm
- Wednesday, January 6 at 6pm
- Thursday, January 7 at 6pm (Spanish only)
- Tuesday, January 12 at 2pm
Click here to register—please register for just one event. When you register, be sure to indicate your language preference; interpretation services will be provided according to demand.
We are here to support you throughout the admissions process! If you have questions, you can:
- Call us at 718-935-2009 or
- Email us at ESEnrollment@schools.nyc.gov
Please reach out to EsEnrollment@schools.nyc.gov with questions.
Office of Student Enrollment
NYC - DOE
Middle School Application Updates
This information is the newest update that has been shared with schools:
- Middle and high school admissions welcome letters will be mailed home this week. Welcome letters provide families with instructions on how to set up a MySchools account and add their child to it using their unique account creation code. Welcome letters will be sent to all current fifth- and eighth-grade public school families, including those who attend charter schools. Starting Monday, December 14, students can also get their welcome letter from their current school.
- Please note, the middle school and high school applications are not yet open, and registration for Specialized High Schools testing and auditions has not yet opened, but the welcome letter will help families prepare.
Specialized Programs Applications Updates
12/13/20 At this time, the DOE has not provided any information about Gifted and Talented programs or Specialized HS programs.